Sunday 27 December 2015

Floods in Britain

Slightly off topic, 

This morning, I woke up to a steady "Drip."
It got more insistent as I tried to ignore it and I became convinced it was in the room, but in the dark could not pinpoint it.

This morning when I finally dragged my sorry behind from my pit, I went to grab clothes discarded at the bottom of the bed to discover they were p*!$£d wet through. 
Automatically preparing to blame the dog or the boyfriend, I felt a drip on my head....
Rain falling from the light fitting in my ceiling and, looking up, the ceiling appeared somewhat bowed. The estate agent says Tuesday earliest. He better hope the ceiling doesn't collapse I guess.

Yet as Britain faces some of the worst flooding it has ever suffered, I can only say..... Nature takes care of it's own. Finds ways to wash away the scum, burn off the excess, trim the fat.
The more this Country encroaches into open land, the less Nature there is to hold back the onslaught of the seasons....
Let's face it, this Country has enough grime that needs swilling away.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your time and interest